Friday 6 March 2015

X or hex marks the Spot ! The Terrier is let out for the first time .

I have been on the look out for a photo opportunity of crossed plane trails for a while . This occurred directly above where I was fishing . A lucky charm or a hex ? Then it happened again later in the day !
 
 Well one of the cane rods I had ordered arrived in time for my end of season holiday . Apparently the courier has lost the contents of the tube containing my other two lovely cane rods ! But the seller is being very helpful so hopefully all will be well soon .

However the one rod that did arrive is a Carp rod of questionable vintage and origin . So its been christened the"  Terrier "  , in line with the questionable parentage of some of the dogs I have met in the past of that ilk !

Its a " pokey " beast the Terrier and it sits nicely in the hand with my favourite Arnold Kingpin . So the next step is to Christen it properly with a fish or two  . Next week it will be put out to chase down a few Pike as well .



Unfortunately the fish didn't come to play for me but Jeff managed two , of which this is the best at 12Lbs.

However I went back the next day and tried again .

 Everything looked good , and the float looked great reflected in the surface . " pleasing in appearance etc etc "
Again unfortunately the fish didn't want to play . But the birdlife was out in force .
I think he developed a taste for the maggots !
These club lakes have a flock of noisy Canada geese. I must admit I have never seen one swim upside down before !

No comments:

Post a Comment