Wednesday 18 March 2015

March 10th 2015 - River Rother

I was a bit late joining Jeff on the river today . I have been having a tackle clear out . In part to clear some space , but also to pay for the "new/old" tackle that seems to be taking over the fishing shed ! So I spent the first part of the morning wrapping up parcels and rod tubes then waiting in the queue at the Post Office . I was not very popular , with my 20 plus parcels and rod tubes I can tell you !

The Rother looked fantastic when I finally got there . A long walk upstream found Jeff , Pike fishing a likely looking bend and slack , where he had just had a 9lb Pike . Things were looking good .
 Trotting for Pike .
 
I moved a few times and eventually the cane tip of my MkVI pulled round to the tune of a 4 lb Chub .
The day ended with no more fish to either of us . But what a lovely day !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment