Saturday 28 March 2015

March 12th 2015 - River Arun

I used to fish this particular section of the Arun a lot and had some great catches of Pike , mostly using a wobbled deadbait approach . Its strange but I rarely fish using the wobbled bait method anymore , yet it really worked well . Perhaps another thing to put on the " must do " fishing list ? Oh to have the time !

I arrived late today as I had to continue the posting programme for my E Bay sales .

On walking downstream I met up Jon who had joined us on the venue , and eventually found Jeff further down river  , who was taking it easy , reading a fishing magazine , relaxed on his chair , with buzzers and leger rigs in place ! May be retirement isn't such a bad thing !

I continued with the centrepin approach . Much to PAC colleague and fishing friend Jon's amusement , especially as I was only fishing with one rod !

I soon had a take but the run pulled line form the ratchet and the Pike dropped the bait ....lesson learned !

We soon made our way to the old weir and fished there .

Jeff soon had some fishy activity and a string of Pike turned up to his baits , but ignored mine !

The last view of many a Roach !

No comments:

Post a Comment