Saturday 7 March 2015

New Old Stuff

I always try and take the last few days of the old coarse fishing season and get out and fish my favourite places . The weather usually defeats me with the past few season's end being either cold and snowing or the river in raging flood . However the forecast is looking good for the next few days .

So I have spent the last few hours getting things ready for the marathon session next week will bring !

The new Rapidex has fresh line on it :


Also re spooled with line is the ABU 54 , all ready for a go at the Chub on the Rother


 
 Also this is a recent e bay purchase . I loved the " Fishing Step  by Step " series when I was a kid . So it was great to get this to complete the series , a bargain in my view for a couple of quid . This book was still in the era of potato baits . Now there is a thing catching a fish on a spud ! However have you ever tried to eat those tinned spuds , maybe the best use for them I as fish food ! I really fancy having a go for a Carp with the " Old School " set up of a freelined bait , and silent approach . roll on the summer ! No hair rigs and bolt rigs for me then !

No comments:

Post a Comment