Wednesday 18 March 2015

Is a Vintage Tackle Fayre , Fair ?

Well it had to happen . A trip to the Romsey Tackle Fair seemed a good idea until the number of items I wanted to buy seemed to rise exponentially with the more tackle sellers I met !

The first thing to leap into my hand was a Mk VI Avon . I have always wanted one and ended up with two ! One in glass and one in cane .

The next was an Abu 40 . A bargain in really good nick too .
 
 And here they are in action together .

On riffling through one of the bargain bins I found this :

It again was a bargain , and initially was not in a good working order . However Jeff the " pin meister " quickly had it sprayed with WD40 , cleaned oiled and adjusted and it was running like new ! Thanks Jeff !

So the plan for the coming end of season  week was to fish with the cane and pin and catch Chub and Pike . Well the best laid plans .....

No comments:

Post a Comment