Saturday 18 June 2016

Eeling Time !

I really like Eels . perhaps I need to qualify that comment ? I like big eels .

It is always great fun to target a few and the new Carp lake has a reputation for some big eels . So it would be rude not to have a go !

I decided on a late afternoon into the evening session . My favoured attack would be worms , fished popped up , over a bed of maggots and chopped worms , on a leger . Then on the other rod a float legered worm over the same free offerings . Why the change ? Well I just wanted to check out the float leger style of fishing .

 Lovely !
 Hopefully the snags would attract the eels .
I have recently acquired one of these old Shakespeare Ambidex reels . Perfect for this type of fishing . My centrepin approach having to take a back step here due to the need for keeping the resistance down . Hence the experiment with the float leger .

Well despite the best laid plans ! I caught every Rudd and Perch in the lake and ran out of worms before it got dark !

Next time it will be the deadbaits only .

No comments:

Post a Comment