Sunday 19 June 2016

A Bream Bonanza !

A few more trips to the pre baited swim on the river have produced some lovely Bream . They are really big fish as well , with the two best going 7lb11oz and 7lb 10oz. I have not weighed or photographed the ones that look to be less than 5lbs !
Its a shame that the methods I am using are not really making the most of these lovely fish . Carp rods , 15lb line and method feeders in the hope of Carp or Barbel does not mean good sport from these fish I am afraid . I am getting lots of bites as well , but I am only hitting the three foot twich or complete rod pullovers ( a Jumper as I call it ! ) But to be fair these Bream do " hang on " a bit , and in the flow ( most of the fish have come on the flood tide ) they have tested the tackle a bit .


 You can aways tell if the Bream session has been good by all the " snot " everywhere ! Lovely !
 A lucky cow ? She kept me company for hours . I dont think she could understand the boat .
I moved to the opposite bank after some real issues with debris . Lovely and clear over here !

No comments:

Post a Comment