Friday 20 May 2016

What did you catch then ?

I have just returned from a session after Tench. I blanked . Despite the early start and the correct baits and methods I couldnt even get a bite .

So when the inevitable question comes , I am fully truthful ....I didnt catch a fish .

But , I sat in the countryside and watched a group of Swifts catching insects over the water . Their screeches echoing around as they delighted in their prowess on the wing .

I watched a Grebe in full breeding colours catching fish .


I fed maggots to a female Blackbird , who seemed to communicate the free food on offer to her mate , and soon they were both cramming the grubs into their mouths ready to feed the brood.



So did I catch anything ? No . But did I see anything ? Yes . Did i catch anything ? Yes some memories .

est piscandi ad capiendos pisces , quam ( There is more to fishing than catching fish ) 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment