Thursday 12 May 2016

Getting Riggy with it !

I have joined a Carp Syndicate on a local lake . The lake is lovely and its denizens are some sizeable Carp plus some enormous Eels which I will be targetting too !

The lake maintains a closed season but fishing commences on the 1st May . So I took a trip along to see how I could get on . It looks " carpy " !

 My approach was to floatfish prawns close in and feed pellets . Then to also fish a boily with a PVA bag a little further out . I started early and the fish were moving about and swirling in the shallow water I was fishing . So I dropped in some floaters . But they didnt like them !

With the fish still moving about I lost a small Carp on the prawns . But how to catch the others ?

What about a Zig ?

Pretty soon a small bit of yellow foam was fishing sub surface . Then off it went ! The Seldex singing a lovely tune to its departure !

13lbs of Common Carp and rather angry at that !


No comments:

Post a Comment