Monday 7 December 2015

In Desmond's Footsteps

Jeff had been out earlier in the week and had had what can only be described as a " Red Letter Day " . Eleven Pike from this river is an achievement in one days session . Yet when one is a twenty , and two doubles plus some high singles ....wow ! Well done Jeff !

So I only had one day at the weekend , so hoped that the river would be in the same conditions .

The onset of Storm Desmond and his rain and wind lashing the north of the Country would I have thought put paid to the fishing , but the river stayed at its normal levels , despite a howling wind and some very persistant rain .

We motored off to fish the favoured areas and pretty soon we had some action . The above Pike weighed 18lbs and seemed to have been in the wars with a number of cuts and growths . It was a very large fish which if I had been asked to estimate its size , I would have put it in in the mid twenties . Perhaps a fish that is on the decline ?

As Jeff had the fish in the net , I got a run and landed a 9 lb Pike which Jeff recognised as one that he had had in his RLD session .

Jeff then landed a 7 lb Pike .

Gildex and Hardy LRH 's ready for action .


Then it was my turn to get in on the action ! Cane bending into action.
A 16lb fish for me , then a 14lb er . Excellent !

No comments:

Post a Comment