Saturday 19 December 2015

A Day with the Elite

Today was the first trip out for the New/Old Intrepid Elite . I had filled the " match" spool with 100m of my favourite Drennan Floatfish line in 6 lb , but I slightly miss judged the capacity as the spool is obviously slightly larger than I thought , so a back fill will be needed at some point .

The reel works really well but the clutch is shocking ! So backwinding it is or finger control on the rotor .

I set out to try for  Perch and the usual approach of red maggots and chopped worms , with a large " snake" on the size 6 hook was the order of the day .

I missed a sail away bit first chuck ! Doh !

Jeff joined me after a few traffic issues , to again try his hand at the Perch .

Anyway all was quiet until the rod was nearly pulled in and the Elite went into " churn" mode !

The culprit ...


I would put this a " Wild" Carp , it certainly put up a scrap !

Jeff managed a nice Perch late in the day , before the rain set in .

We decided to stay on into the dark and see if anything might develop. But the Perch did not make an appearance .

No comments:

Post a Comment