Wednesday 30 December 2015

Frank has a bad dose of the wind ! and may the Force be with you !

Jeff and I ventured forth in the teeth of another storm . This time it was Frank who was wreaking havoc on the North of the Country , but it certainly felt as though he was having a bit of laugh at our expense too ! At least we had no flooding ( yet ) .We turned right and motored off to a spot Jeff had previously earmarked as a sheltered area against the prevailing wind .

We settled in and after the celebratory seasons tea and mince pies we waited for the Pike to show up .


I was using an Abu  Cardinal 66 on one of the LRH's for the first time . The green and cream livery of these reels is in my view the personification of what a fixed spool reel should look like . I spent ages looking at the reels in the famous ABU catalogues of the 1970's but could never afford them . They are now selling for three times their original prices on the " Bay of Evil " ! I love them !

I soon had a very tentative take on one of my rods ....the Cardinal was in action !

The Pike put up a spirited fight but was soon landed in Jeff's new folding net ( a superb device ! ) and laid ready for unhooking in the " Sladle" . Again a really great piece of kit , that puts fish welfare and safety first . Well done Jeff !

I must also learn to smile in the photo's ! ( I will remember to " Smile for Brian ! " )

We moved a couple of times but the wind and high water levels made life difficult , so an early finish was in order before Jeff went off to greet the " Force " in the new " Star Wars " film . ( A great film which M and I saw last night )




No comments:

Post a Comment