Saturday 28 November 2015

" The Way I Fish " - Dennis Pye

As I had the rod , I thought that I should read about DP and his exploits on the Broads.

I have never read this book before , but I have heard many things about DP and his potential exagerations of fish catches and the sizes of the fish he caught .

241 Pike over 20 lbs between 1952 and 1963 is certainly a fantastic catch rate ! Maybe he did exagerate some of his catches ,  but this man could catch Pike and in his day on the areas he knew was probably right up there with the best of his generation .

However taking things on the value of the advice in the book , DP was a one method angler when after Pike . He livebaited with large baits drifted into the areas of the Broads he had highlighted from previous recces and observation. Having fished the Broads it is a fanatstic environment and its shallow weedy waters with reed fringes is a perfect Pike habitat .

There are some intersting chapters on other species and being quiet and careful with observation and watercraft being the main points he raises rather than tackle or bait , I think he was really on top of his game.

A great read !

No comments:

Post a Comment