Saturday 28 November 2015

Say " Cheese" ..... a new bait ?

I took Irvin fishing for his first trip in about 15 years  .

He quickly got back into the groove and started catching fish .
 But interestingly he sneaked a few bits of cheese from his sandwiches and caught a few Bream and a small Carp . This got me to thinking , that other than the occassional bit of cheese paste , I rarely use the stuff . However its , yellow , smells and is oily , what could be better from a bait perspective ?

I used spam on that day and caught a Perch and a few small Carp .

 Still nice to be out and about !
 Lilies . Always a draw for me ,I have to fish next to them !
So the next trip with Irvin had us loaded down with cheese ! I changed the location to a small farmers pond , which has a good stock of Common Carp . I am sure they are proper " Wildies " they fight like mad and are all long and thin but have massive tails for their size . Oh and they like cheese !

 Irvin also manged to catch some " Cheesy " pants !
 A Cheese fest !
 And some more !

No comments:

Post a Comment