Friday 11 March 2016

The Last Week - it all comes flooding back !

The last week of the season still holds a great part in my fishing calandar . However many things can ( and normally do ! ) conspire to make the fishing difficult or prevent me even getting to the bank at all !

This year was no different . I had taken a few days off in the run up to the 14th .

The first thing to go wrong was the car . I had a small chip in the windscreen which suddenly took on a life of its own and began to crack in two directions . I had hoped the windscreen people would be able to quickly fix it . But no it was a new windscreen . So  the first was a write off , plus another day for the fitting .

Then the conspiracy of time and tide had wreaked its wrath . The end of the fishing season this year has coincided with the biggest tides of the year . This would'nt normally put me off but the recent rain had also added a bout three feet of water to the river .

Jeff and I tried an early morning trip in the boat but the water defeated us . I think Jeff's quote summed it up :

" If we catch a Pike I will jump in ! "

 Which bit is the river ?
So that is the river out of the question then . So what to do ?

I have joined a local Carp syndicate and the Pike fishing has taken up all of my time recently so I have not managed a trip there yet . Maybe a few trips there will allow the fishing to continue ?

One interesting feature from recent trips has been the prescence of small brown floating " balls" in the river I took them to be seeds of some description , but on picking one out I discovered it was very hard in fact rock hard . So I took a few home and on breaking one open I found that it was a ash/brick type thing . But what and where did they come from ?


No comments:

Post a Comment