Wednesday 2 March 2016

Cane and Pins equals Pike !


I have settled on the Dennis Pye and Seldex approach for now , and matched another Seldex to my Hardy LRH No 2 . Casting off the drum seems to be working with only a few " bird's nests" ! Well one was huge and took an age to untangle !

Jeff and I fished on Sunday and decided to follow the tide down and fish some spots we have located downstream of our mooring . We ended up a long way down and could hear seagulls ! But didnt see a Pike . But the wind was getting a bit strong . So we upped anchors and turned upstream to motor in with the tide . So began an epic journey up to our favoured swims .

I dropped a bait into a favourite spot and ....
Out came a 20lb 4oz beauty ( Thats the fish not me ! )

I dropped the bait back in and turned to get my other rod and it was off again ! Sadly I missed the fish on the strike .

The wind which had been getting stronger all day suddenly dropped , the clouds clearded and a beautiful sky developed .

We then motored home .

A scientific calculation , with the maps and a bit of string ( !) by Jeff totalled our journey as 20 miles ! Not bad on half a tank of fuel .


No comments:

Post a Comment