Thursday 25 February 2016

Rod Rack Erection .....ooh er !

I have been planning on building a rod rack for a while . I have hunted around on the interweb and found some lovely plans . Now I must admit I am no DIY enthusiast . In fact I will qualify that even further I am useless at anything that requires building or making anything  , or sawing in straight lines . So the build of such an item was going to be a bit of a challenge .

I recently had to actually mend some shelves at home and a visit to the local wood shop allowed the fine chap behind the counter to do all the cutting for me ! Result ! So my plans were set to get the sizes of wood required for the rod rack ,  all cut by the kind and sympathetic man at the wood shop.

I then started to realise ( you can tell DIY is not my bag !) that I needed glue, screws , and varnish in addition to the wood . So I started to tot up the costs of my simple rod rack ....£50 and that was before I started to build the bloody thing ! There had to be an easier way .

So a quick search on the bay of evil and I found a wooden rod rack exactly like the plans I had drawn up , for the grand total of £22. I ordered one .


No instructions , but how difficult can it be ?

Easy actually !
It works !

No comments:

Post a Comment