Sunday 3 January 2016

June 1965 - A momentous month !

I was born in June 1965 . The reason I mention this is that Jeff kindly gave me a few old Angling magazines to read , from his ever expanding collection .

The one that really caught my eye was a copy of " Angling " from June 1965 .





Serendipity is a marvellous thing ! The front of this magazine shows a picture of a pub on the Broads , just down from Horning on the River Bure . A place where I have fished a number of times .

On the rear of the magazine is an advert for the Intrepid Elite . A reel that I have just re discovered and am currently using .
Mine in action yesterday on a very wet perch trip !
An advert in the mag has the following retail prices for some " famous " and collectable items :
  • Richard Walker Cane Mk iv Carp and Avon - £10 
  • Hardy LRH No 2 - £22 
  • Intrepid Elite £4
There is a Mk iv cane Carp rod on E Bay at the moment and its about to be sold for £5000 ! The touch of RW !


No comments:

Post a Comment